Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Working Day 1

I failed my mission to update my blog daily as I started working yesterday. My work was extremely exhausted as I am working in a retail outlet. My working hours are long, I need to work for extra days especially festive season and my workloads are quite alot too.

When I first stepped into the outlet yesterday, the security guard shouted at me. Oh well, he thought I am one of the promoters there and he disallowed me for bringing my handphone in. He shouted something like this, "Hey don't you know handphones are not allowed?" LOL. After that only I found out that all employees from the management side are allowed to bring their handphones in. AND when the guard got to know my position, his attitude was like 360 degree changed. OKAY FINE! Bear with him as I am still a freshie.

As for my lead supervisors, all of them do taught me a lot of things. They even brought me out for lunch and ask someone to take care of me when both of them are not free. I really appreciate them for teaching me all my individual responsibilities. I am currently undergoing a 2 weeks training lead by my supervisors. After that I have to transfer to another outlet where no one will actually lead me. Perhaps no one will bring me out for lunch too =(

Although my work is kinda tiring, I found it quite challenging. This is because I am not only handling with all the paper work, I have to deal with some people as well. And most of all, working in this department is really my area of interest. I have been telling my friends and family that I hope I can actually join this department after graduating and there I am, stepping into the door of this department.

More and more things for me to absorb and I hope I can really deal with it well =)

No comments: